Sunday, August 15, 2004

Heather's Blog Goes Triple Platinum in Malaysia

...and in the United Arab Emirates. By "triple platinum", I of course mean that one person from each of those places has visited my blog.
Anyway, I saw a commercial the other day that pissed me off (this is nothing new, as many commercials enrage me). This particular commercial started out with a mother behind glass, with her crying daughter on the other side. It was set up to look like a prison. The daughter asks her mom through tears, "When will you get out?". It got my attention. I thought maybe it was an anti-drug commercial or something, showing what happens to you if you continue to use/traffic drugs when you're a parent.
Then the camera pulls back and we see the mother is actually behind a shower door, setenced to a life of scrubbing soap scum because she selected the incorrect brand of cleaner.
Well, the commercial did a good job of catching my interest, but it made me feel manipulated and dirty. Also, I forget what brand of cleaner it was advertising. Maybe it was Vim.
I hope I never see this commercial again.

The Word of the Day?
Tentacle!

Spell Check Says
Heather's -> Heaters
Sentenced -> Satanist

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother said we should meet.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm sure he did.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Prus said...

Don't listen to Stevem it only leads to no good....ie: Council

12:16 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm not convinced that "anonymous"'s claim has merit.

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you calling him a liar?

12:33 AM  
Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

If she's not calling you a liar, Anonyknisely, I will. What I said is that she wants to become a cop, and that you two therefore wouldn't get along.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Well Stephen thank you for clearing that up.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How delightful. What sort of cop, may I ask? Please say traffic cop so we can become more fomally acquainted.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I think every cop has to serve at that kind of job at one time or another. That's not the kind of cop I would choose to be, though.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home