Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Start Wearing Purple

My friend Jo has a rather embarrassing video of me dancing to that song (Start Wearing Purple by Gogol Bordello) in a Calgary hotel room after I'd had one or two. It was 3am on a chilly November night. It was followed by my imitation of a Krispy Kreme conveyor belt.

Anyway, Gogol Bordello came to the Sidetrack on Monday. That show might have rivaled any show I've been to in the last few months. Or it could be that it was just the most recent. Sometimes my mind functions that way. I wish I knew how to put pictures up here, because I got some gooders. My friend got hit in the head by a large drum, and she has quite the substantial forehead welt. The accordion player resembled my favourite 36-year-old Russian, so I gave his tush a little pat for good luck after the show. This band is wild. If you ever get the chance to see them, you should. And start wearing purple.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh if only you could figure out a way to come back up on the other side of the bed.. that performance would have been gold. Next time you put on a performance like that, I might just dress you in purple and sing to you. Nothing would sober you up faster. :)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm the greatest conveyor belt ever.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home