Friday, June 25, 2004

Election Fever: Clarification and Excessive Use of the Letter 'e'. Plus, Paragraph Use, Early Morning Salsa and the Word of the Day

I have Election Fever. I am 19, making this my first federal election as an eligible voter. I have previously voted in the St. Albert Protestant School Board Trustee Bi-Election. Right now, most of what I think about involves the election (and I work in a factory. I've got a lot of time for thinking). For a long time, I was undedcided about who to vote for. Clearly it would be a cold day in Hell before anyone in this household voted for the conservatives, but there are still three other choices in this riding.
(This is a new paragraph, for those of you who are rediculously unaware of your surroundings) If I want to be strategic about this whole process, I could vote Liberal. If you detected an anti-Moe sentiment in my last post, I apologize. I was merely stating my observations. I really don't have anything against the guy (except "Pour le Parti Libéeral Féedeéral", but that may not be entirely his fault. More on that later).
So anyway, voting "Libéeral" would be purely strategic. Then I got a reality check in the form of using my brain. I believe that sadly, Mr. Williams will win here, so then I'm left with another choice(I know, I know, it's the whole my-vote-won't-count argument. I hate it too, but I'm not using it as an excuse not to vote). Seeing as the Conservatives will take this seat, which party do I really believe in? With the two front-running parties out, I have to look at the Greens and the NDP. There is something off about Jack Layton. Something slimy, maybe. I just don't know if I like him. Stephen thinks he is creepy (on an unrelated note, Stephen has a soccer ball fetish). I do not know much about Jim Harris, seeing as he wasn't invited to the televised debates. I just read about him in the Green Party's flyer. I respect both our local NDP and Green Party candidates. Tuesday night's forum helped me make my choice. My decision is clear. I know which way I am voting on Monday.

The Clarification Part
I would just like to clarify something I wrote in my last post. I said that while talking to Conrad Bitangcol of the Green Party about the gay marriage issue, he was looking at the floor on occasion. It was not my intention to make it seem as though he was lying. I do not believe that is the case. I would like to apologize for the confusion it may have caused.

The Excessive Use of the Letter'e' Part
I picked up the brochure for Moe Saeed at the forum on Tuesday. I didn't really look at the back of the brochure until I got home, and Stephen pointed out something on the back. Excessive use of the 'e' in the French translation, making it: For the the Federal Liberal Party Pour le Parti Libéeral Féedeéral. Get somebody who knows French to proof-read your federal brochures. This is a bilingual nation.

The Paragraph Part
I have had a few comments (oral and posted here on my blog) about my last post and paragraph use. No, I am not an idiot. Indentation does not show up on here. So yes, I do know what a paragraph is and how to use them. If you look, you can see them. And have the balls/ovaries to sign your name on your comments when you insult me. Adam did.

The Early Morning Salsa Part
Ah, it was good times. This morning I was supposed to show up for salsa dancing with Marina and J(until I think up a more clever name to call him) at 6:30am. I showed up at 7:15, close enough. I got up about an hour and a half later than I had intended. My father was kind enough to drive me. I'm very talented at getting out of bed and shutting off my alarm without actually waking up. We used salsa dancing videos downloaded from Kazaa. I mourn the death of Kazaa on our other computer. It has gone to hell, and I'm under strict rules not to download it on this computer (the computer that works). Tear. Salsa dancing in the early am, 5 days a week. Now that I have 2 weeks off from my job at the doctor's office where I had to leave the house at 7:00 am, I will be getting up for a whole lot of salsa. BAD...be there or be square.

The Word of the Day Part
The Word of the Day is Meninges.

3 days left...3 days left...3 days left

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way; last time I signed my name, your brother got mad at me.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home