Thursday, September 02, 2004

Gaelic:The Language of Champions

I realized something today. In one week, my life will change and it will never be the same. Last week I was working two jobs. This week I'm hardly working and I have been spending money like my name's Nick Lysyk ("loses" is the best thing Spell Check could come up with). Next week is when I begin my baby steps into the real world. Please let me be one of those babies who never grows up (like a Toys R' Us baby).
I was thinking about my heritage the other day. When I was nine, my family made a trip out to Europe. We visited several places, including Scotland. Fast-forward ten years. My father walks around in a kilt and plays the bagpipes. What do I do that's true to my heritage? Do I grab my last name and squeeze it for all it's worth? NO! I do fuck all. And my children, should I decide to have some, will do even less than fuck all (I don't know exactly what scale "fuck all" lands on, so it's difficult to determine if a value that is less than "fuck all" exists. For the benefit of my blog and I, I will say that there is.) in the name of Scotland.
But that's life, and I'm tired.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lint said...

Hi! I reckon "Fuck none" must be less than "Fuck all"...

11:27 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Indeed! I don't know why I didn't think of that myself! Thanks Lint, love your blog!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Eep! I've been added to someone's link list, without trickery, deception, or stalking?

*explodes*

2:21 AM  
Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

Yarr. And our mother wears army boots.

Seriously, I really don't see how this "explains" me. I rarely wear kilts (I prefer evening gowns), and still more rarely play the bagpipes.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Prus said...

I think it leave more questions about smith rather then explaining him

3:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Let's try that again...

Can't say I've ever seen half-pipe in an evening gown, but I have seen him in his mother's nightie. *shudder*

Oddly enough he was in said nightie in council chambers.
Who has those pictures?

1:24 AM  
Blogger Prus said...

being young has its benefits....this is one of them

2:21 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I wasn't aware that my mother wears army boots...or that my brother wears her clother. I'd better put locks on my closet doors.

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd better do that anyway. I saw on the news there's a thief about who steals little girls' underwears.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Is it you?

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't recognize any of the houses they showed.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home