Sunday, September 12, 2004

Singing Songs of Love to Pass the Time

That is a line from a good song, Songbird, by the brothers Gallagher and their band, Oasis. For those of you who still contribute money to the music industry, you may find this song on the CD Heathen Chemistry.
Jo and I went to see Intern Academy last night. It was exactly as I has expected. Choppy plot, implausible situations and Dave Thomas (not the Wendy's one. He's dead). It also had poop jokes, sex jokes, strippers and stunts involving airborne human organs. Fortunately, I find those things humourous. Also there was an actor, Pat Kelly, who looks adorable in scrubs (It's a guy, for those of you wondering about the merits of my brother's claims). He's the reason I'd buy the DVD, and I suspect that the movie will be out on DVD shortly.
After the movie and dancing at Wal-Mart, we went to McDonald's to get McFlurries. And we ate them with the music on in the car. Ooops! The battery died. This was at 2:30 in the morning, so I called Dominic to lend a helping hand. "Do you always call people at 2:30 in the morning?" he asked. The answer is yes. Anyway, Dom (being the good friend that he is) drove his mighty mighty Chevrolet out to the parking lot to lend a helping hand to Jo's mighty mighty Honda. There will be a home-made card in it for Dom (aka Mr. Sutherland), as those are my specialty.
Good day to you.

"Then she flew away into the night"

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Ah, Oasis. Hey, is that a threat?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Lint said...

I've got the 10 yr anniversary DVD of "Definitely Maybe" arriving in the post shortly. Very shortly. That album has quality running through it like the River Nile (Full of Crocodiles!).

Um. Note to self: make sense.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Prus said...

I like SUM 41, but then as is pointed out rather frequently i am a moron

8:01 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Lint: Nobody in this country makes sense, either, don't worry!
Ross: Ah, I guessed that you like them. I noticed that you've named at least one of your posts after lines in their songs. They're not bad, but if you're looking for Canadian music goodness, you've got to go for OLP.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Prus said...

I like OLP but i like Tea Party more

7:04 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Bah! The Tea Party. They were at Stage 13 this year and boy did they suck the big one. One of the worst performances. They didn't even Play Heaven Coming Down, which is the only song of theirs I can name. Bah!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Jo->No more squeaking breaks. Now I won't have any warning when your car comes sneaking up on me! Mmm, Stroumboulopoulos goodness. Hats off to you for spelling it correctly!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home