Friday, September 17, 2004

"Skepticism and humility...are like the Scully and Mulder of science."

Well because of the comment involving The X-Files, my psych 104 prof has acquired "Favourite Prof" status in my books. Actually he already had it, but this makes him even cooler than he already was.
Let's talk now about my bus experiences today. Most won't find them particularly interesting (well those in St. Albert might find it interesting, only because I will make mention of a legendary driver and how he ended an era). Too bad. First off, I was riding the A1 toward the general direction of my house (after the jolly tour of Heritage Lakes), and the driver would not exceed 20 km/hour. Except in school zones (those of Ecole La Mission and Albert Lacombe). He sped up to about 50km/hour or so in them.
Ah, Mullet Man. Take a moment to ponder your past experiences, those of you who have met him. What adjectives come to mind? Well, I had heard rumours of a recent action of his, but today I saw the aftermath of the action with my own eyes. He CUT OFF HIS FREAKIN' MULLET! It's the end of an era. Excuse me while I go shed tears for the lost hair. Also, I'm going to drown my sorrows with the consumption of much liquor, because it's Junibper's 19th birthday. Happy birthday, bucko!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lint said...

Wow... you guys still have 19th birthdays? That's like so 90s.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Prus said...

WOW 19

7:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Lint->Yeah, They involve drinking a lot of beer. And who doesn't love the '90s?
Ross->As someone who will be turning the ripe age of 20 next month, I look back on my 19th birthday with fondness.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're older than I.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Prus said...

and older then me...though that would descibe most of campus

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"older then me"? Three grammatical mistakes in as many words. You're bad even for the Gateway.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Why is it hard to believe?

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I'm old as fuck.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Nicholas said...

Anonymous: remarkably, I only see one count of lexical abuse in Ross' "older then me." You are correct that the then should be a than. I don't see where you are getting the other two, though I presume that with one of them you are purporting that it should be I, not me. If that is the case, you are incorrect. "I" is a subject, "me" is an object. So the two correct applications of the comparative would be "older than me" or "older than I am."

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lollipops cost too much damned money.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home